Commercial Construction Grants
Residential Construction Grants
PGW EnergySense offers builders and developers in Philadelphia financial incentives for residential new construction projects built to a higher level of energy efficiency. Residential Construction Grants totaling $1,400/unit are available for qualifying natural gas homes that meet high efficiency standards through energy modeling.
Who Should Apply
- Building developers with residential new construction or gut rehabilitation projects in Philadelphia.
- Projects must receive firm rate and have single fuel natural gas heat.
- New construction projects are defined as a new building, where a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans.
- Major renovation/gut rehabilitation projects are defined as those where at least two building systems are being replaced or redesigned, and where the renovations trigger the need to meet Energy Code requirements.
- Homes must achieve 15% savings beyond energy code requirements (2015 International Energy Conservation Code) and receive a HERS rating.
- Receive generous financial incentives for approved homes on a per-unit basis. Check out the builder incentives below.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the construction of high-quality, energy-efficient new construction.
- Energy-efficient HERS rated homes on average sell for higher prices when compared to unrated homes. Learn more from Freddie Mac’s analysis of energy-efficient homes rated between 2013 and 2017: Energy Efficiency: Value Added to Properties and Loan Performance.
|Residential New Construction Grants|
|≥15% more efficient than 2015 IECC; HERS rating completed||$1,400/unit|
Do you have an upcoming new construction project? Contact the program to get started!
EnergySense rebates are available from 09/01/2020 through 08/31/2023. Rebates are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis based on the date your application is received and are subject to available funds.