Residential Construction Grants
PGW EnergySense offers builders and developers in Philadelphia financial incentives for new single-family residential construction projects built to a higher standard of energy efficiency than required by code.
Residential Construction Grants totaling $1,400/unit are available for qualifying single-family natural gas homes that meet high-efficiency standards through energy modeling.
Who Should Apply?
- Building developers with single family residential new construction or gut rehabilitation projects in Philadelphia
- Projects must receive firm rate and have single fuel natural gas heat
- Residential Construction Grants
Eligible projects are defined as:
- New construction projects where a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans OR
- Major renovation/gut rehabilitation projects where at least two building systems are being replaced or redesigned, and where the renovations trigger Energy Code compliance
- Homes must achieve 15% savings, at minimum, beyond energy code requirements (2015 International Energy Conservation Code) and must be verified by a HERS rating
- Receive generous financial incentives for approved homes on a per-unit basis
- Demonstrate a commitment to the construction of high-quality, energy-efficient new construction
- Energy-efficient HERS rated homes on average sell for higher prices when compared to unrated homes. Learn more from Freddie Mac’s analysis of energy-efficient homes rated between 2013 and 2017: Energy Efficiency: Value Added to Properties and Loan Performance
|Residential New Construction Grants|
|≥15% more efficient than 2015 IECC; HERS rating completed||$1,400/unit|
Do you have an upcoming new construction project? Contact the program to get started!
EnergySense rebates are available from 09/01/2020 – 08/31/2023. Rebates are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis according to the date your application is received, and are subject to available funds.