Efficient Construction Grant
Efficient Construction Grants Overview
With PGW’s Efficient Construction Grants, you can receive up to $60,000 for energy saving designs in new or newly rehabbed commercial, industrial, and multifamily buildings, or up to $750 for single-family homes.
Who Should Apply
- Building developers with new construction or gut-rehabilitation of residential, commercial, or multifamily projects
- Customers must be on a firm rate and have single fuel natural gas heat
- New construction projects are defined as a new building, where a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans.
- Major renovation/gut rehabilitation projects are defined as those where at least two building systems are being replaced or redesigned, and where the renovations trigger the need to meet Energy Code requirements.
|Residential Construction Grants|
|≥ 20% more efficient than code||Up to $750 per home|
|Commercial Multi Family/Residential Construction Grants|
(Per First Year MMbtu Saved)
|≥ 15% to < 20% more efficient than code||$13|
|≥ 20% to < 30% more efficient than code||$24|
|≥ 30% more efficient than code||$40|
|Max Incentive||Up to $60,000 per project|
Complete the screening application
What happens after I complete the application?
- PGW will review your screening application. If your project is eligible for further review, we will request comprehensive project details to assess the energy savings and costs.
- If eligible, we will send you a grant agreement with PGW’s grant offer.
- After the project has been completed provide copies of paid invoices and certificates of occupancy (for new construction projects). PGW will then schedule an on-site verification of the efficiency measures, and if all criteria are met, you will receive a grant check within 4-6 weeks.
Program Update: EnergySense grants are available 9/1/2016 – 8/31/2020. Rebates and grants are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to available funds.